Friday, December 2, 2011

26: Coffee, Cocktails, and Cigarettes

I turned 26 this week. My birthday was spent with family, with fajitas for dinner, razzleberry pie (raspberry and blackberry) with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert. I've been spending a lot of time with my family. Lots of laughing, eating and drinking, dying hair, movie watching, yahtzee playing. Not so much dieting or exercise. I also finished a book the other day, called "Good In Bed" by Jennifer Weiner. Honestly, it was painstakingly predictable, with more daddy issues than I care to cope with. The reason I liked it enough to finish it, was because the heroine started off fat, she struggled with her weight along with other life problems, and she ended up fat, but happier. That's the kind of story I like, with funny, smart women. If anyone else has suggestions, I'd like them very much.
As far as cutting back on my many indulgences, I've already cut down my soda intake and replaced it with water. Simply replacing cokes with water made me drop 10 pounds in 2 months a few years ago. I realize that now I'm getting older and it might not happen that fast, but water is a healthier choice, one that isn't going to set me back too terribly.
I'll only drink a soda with an alcoholic beverage, which I'll admit is more than a few a week. I'll also admit that I have a weakness for chain smoking cigarettes when I drink, and I have an addiction to coffee every morning. I'm not going to pretend that I want to quit drinking or smoking cigarettes. After all, quitting is for quitters. All I'm trying to do is loose a little damn weight. I realize that these, what some might consider "bad" habits, might be hindering my conquest. But there are some things I'm just not willing to part with. 10 pounds of flesh is worth it to indulge in coffee, cocktails and cigarettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment