Friday, February 3, 2012

Talking About Taking A Vacation

I got my income tax check the other day. I'll have some extra cash laying around after I get my car inspected. I'm not good with money, or regular vehicle maintenance. But, I'm trying to be a more responsible adult, and with that comes perks. Like my week of paid vacation, that I can take at any time.

So last night, after my lady tv shows went off, I held a conversation with my man friend. I told him since we are going to have a few hundred bucks each from the IRS, we should plan our vacation early. Because my uncle lives in Florida and has tons of room, I thought maybe we could fly down there and stay 4 or 5 days. And you know what he said to me? "I can't even think about getting on a plane until I have like, $3000 saved up. And I've never been a fan of Florida."

Humph.

First of all, that asshole has never had $3000 saved up that wasn't designated for something significant and important, and neither have I. And furthermore, I don't think I'll EVER have $3000 saved up. I'm not a saver. So sue me.
Secondly, that asshole has never been on a plane in his life, much less been to Florida. You can't judge a state by it's sport teams. That's just fucking ridiculous.
Third, and most likely, if he's worried about being the fattest asshole on the beach, he needs to get over it. I went last year and I felt like a sea cow, but I had a blast and I didn't let it effect my vacation negatively. That's just motivation for me to get my chunky monkey legs slimmed down on my exercise bike!

The conversation was not over, so I suggested maybe a drive down to New Orleans for a few days instead. I've been to New Orleans 3 or 4 times, and I love the old cemeteries, the night life is fun, and the food is incredible. He didn't totally shoot me down, but he made it pretty clear that New Orleans was not on the top of his to-do list. Basically, he wasn't in the mood to discuss any sort of vacation at all, because there was nothing that came out of my mouth that sounded good to him. He bummed me out, and he knew it.

I voiced out loud that I'll just go by myself. I don't NEED him to go with me anywhere, I just WANTED him to come with me somewhere. He's not alot of fun to travel with anyway.
We have been friends for almost 8 years, and we have never been out of the state together. We have friends spread all over Texas that we go to visit for long weekends, at least 10 times a year. Then I have some friends in Austin that I visit with at least once a year on my own. But 3 day weekends are not VACATIONS. A big trip requires early planning if you want to save money on a ticket.

Anyway, I'm done. I'm going out for drinks with my sister at 7. Partly because I don't want to go home and have him bum me out again, and partly because I want to talk trash over a long island iced tea.

Happy weekend, whoever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment