Monday, January 2, 2012

2012

Happy New Year!

Sadly, I didn't go to the masquerade party I had planed on. The last two days of the year were the busiest and most terrible days of work I've had in a while. I'll skip the sour notes, but it really ruined my mood. I was not in the mood to party, I was in the mood to go home and cry.

But I wouldn't give into my instinctive self pity party, so I decided to go get a pedicure at 7pm on New Years Eve, and I enjoyed every second of it. I listened to an orchestra play songs from West Side Story on the TV, and I let the little old lady massage my shoulders with warm oil while another one scrubbed and rubbed my feet and legs. It was the nicest thing I could have possibly done for myself. I chose a dark silver for my toes, because I always match the color of the panties I'm wearing. I think I read that in a book somewhere, and it stuck with me.

After that, I went home and opened the bottle of Crown Royale that I had specifically bought for the night. I watched Sex in the City until about 30 minutes before midnight. Then I turned to the local news station and watched downtown Dallas bring in the new year at Victory Center. The live music was HORRIBLE, and as I sipped my Crown (alone) I was thankful that I was there, with my fat orange cat Otis, by myself.

My man friend came over around 3 am, after his buzz wore off from the party he went to. We finished the bottle of Crown and stayed up talking until 6am, when we finally and blissfully went to sleep.

I ate black eyed peas at my mother's house on New Years day, because it's a tradition we've had since we were little kids. I made myself a mimosa for breakfast, and had 3 strawberry margaritas on the rocks for lunch. We watched the Cowboys loose, and while we were playing Yahtzee, my aunt asked everyone what their new years resolutions were.

I don't want to QUIT doing anything. I don't want to set unreasonable, unsustainable goals.

I just want to drink more water and work out more.

I want to be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment