Saturday, January 14, 2012

Being Obese

So here's what I've been up to this year thus far:

1. I've been making some mean greens, and doing without the carbs all together at least twice a week. Brussel sprouts are a new favorite of mine, and I saute them in one part butter, one part extra virgin olive oil, a little sea salt, a bunch of pepper, and an entire head of garlic. They're so damn good with grilled chicken that I don't even miss potatoes or noodles as the "fill me up." Also, steamed broccoli is pretty amazing.

2. My workout schedule has been hit and miss. Hit meaning, when I hit the nail on the head, I hit it HARD. I mix up my time between my exercise bike and doing the hula hoop and other various games on the Wii for an entire day. I make sure to sit down every hour or so for at least half an hour, and I drink water and stretch out my legs on the floor while I watch the cooking channel. I like the feel of my legs burning, and I visualize the inches coming off.
When I miss though, I'll miss for 2 or 3 days straight. I'll eat fried foods, and drink white russians, and pig out on a sushi buffet. And shockingly enough, every time I get on to weigh my shame, I'm expecting to have gained at least 10 pounds back. Shockingly enough, I am steadily loosing about 2 a week. Which means I'm up to a total of minus 6 pounds since I started giving a shit. And that's pretty awesome.

3. I have the internet in my apartment now, and I've never been so in love. I've been following a bunch of blogs closely, and I've been stealing crafty ideas for my tiny little nest. I realized last week how much I'm in love with my bedroom. Oh, and I've been balls deep on the couch watching United States Of Tara on Netflix for the past 3 nights in a row. Now that I think of it, I should really be on the exercise bike while I'm ignoring everything around me for 30 minutes at a time. I'd be finishing it now, except that my power's out.

What I really need to do soon:

1. I need to get a measuring tape. I want to track how many inches I'm loosing. I don't care so much about my hips and my belly (bellies, let's be honest) but my thunder thighs are not going to be missed, and I want to celebrate their passing with every inch.

2. I want a pedometer. I'm curious how many steps I take a day. I know I could get one of those cheap ones from the dollar store, but I don't trust them.

3. I need to clean out my closet. There is a mountain of clothes ready to swallow me whole. I have a laundry bin in the bathroom that's going to rot through to my downstairs neighbor if I don't empty it soon. I've got those space saver bags where you suck out all the air to make room for more shit, and I need to put them back in use. What's more, I need to take a bag to Good Will to donate, instead of bringing more artsy crafty crap home.

No comments:

Post a Comment